Vornado tower fan is ideally one of the most popular and well known brand in the tower fan manufacturing industry. Vornado tower fan have a strong reputation for been very strong.
Vornado tower fan gives an innovative approach to cooling that’s markedly different from how other fans operated. You don’t aim it towards yourself to keep cool.
Instead, you aim it at the ceiling or a wall and it will then circulate the air in the entire room. So everyone in the room feels cooler. That’s why the company calls this the Vornado air circulator and not a fan.
Best Vornado tower fan reviews
Let us begin our revelation of the best vornado tower fan:
Vornado 184 Whole Room Tower Air Circulator
This is a large Vornado air circulator that’s suitable for a very large room, such as your dining room or the living room. For bedrooms, you won’t have any problems at all. It measures 41 inches tall and 11 inches wide. It weighs less than 10 pounds.
Top Key Features
- It comes with 4-speed settings. That means you’re better able to set the airflow to what you need.
- You can adjust the settings with the remote control. This remote control has a magnetic cradle at the top of the unit. You can use the remote 8 feet from the main unit. Or you can also just use the buttons on the unit if you’re already there beside it.
- The fan speed clocks in at a max of 1197 rpm. At low speeds, it still goes at 603 rpm.
- At full power, it can move air up to 100 feet. That means it’s suitable for just about every room in the house unless you have rooms with dimensions of more than 100 feet wide.
- It circulates the air inside at a rate of 536 cubic feet per minute (CFM) at high speed. Even at low speeds, the circulation is still at a suitable 228 CFM. Place this in a 150-square feet room in a corner by an open door, and even at the lowest setting, the coolness it provides is remarkable.
- It also has an automatic shutdown timer that you can set for different lengths of time. You can choose to set it for 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
Vornado Duo Small Room Tower Air Circulator Fan Review
As the name says, this is ideal only for small rooms. It’s very small at just 14.5 inches tall and about 5.3 inches wide. It also weighs than 4 pounds.
Top Key Features
- It does boast of advanced features, even if it’s the most affordable model on this list. For example, it’s called the “Duo” because you can use it as a tower circulator or as a low profile circulator, like the regular round Vornado models.
- Even if it’s affordable, you get 4-speed settings to choose from.It doesn’t have the remote though.
- It’s still quite powerful, as it can reach 1450 rpm at the highest setting. At the lowest setting, it still goes at 880 rpm. So despite the small size, it can still push the air 50 feet.
- At the highest setting, the air circulation is at 78 CFM, although you can use the Turbo mode to push this to 107 CFM. If you don’t really need that much cooling, you can set it to low and you get about 45 CFM.
Vornado 173 Whole Room Tower Air Circulator
This is the 2nd largest tower circulator from Vornado, and it’s great if you don’t really want to cool down a very large room. For most rooms in the house, this will suffice nicely. The mid-size 173 circulator measures 36.5 inches tall and 10.47 inches wide. It weighs a little bit over 8 pounds.
Top Key Features
- It has 3-speed settings for you to choose from, which is quite typical for electric fans. Just choose between low, medium, or high-speed settings.
- It also has a remote control unit you can use. So you can leave it on a stand next to your couch in the living room or by the bed in your bedroom, and you can adjust the settings without getting up.
- The fan speed does reach a high of 1530 rpm at the highest setting. That’s a lot higher than what the 184 produces.
- It can push the air a distance of 70 feet, which should be far enough that you can hit the wall opposite the corner where you put the Vornado. The air circulation is the result when the air hits the wall—the air then goes in all directions.
- At high speed, the air circulation is at a rate of 322 CFM, while at low speed it’s at 191 CFM.
- The automatic shutdown timer feature is also available here. Again, you can set it to last for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours.
The Vornado 143 Tower Air Circulator
Next in the lineup is the smaller Vornado tower fan 143. It’s considered a compact circulator, as it measures 29 inches tall and less than 9 inches wide. It also weighs just 6.85 pounds.
Top Key Features
- Here we’re back to the standard 3-speed setting options. Still, it also comes with a remote. After all, just because it’s small doesn’t mean you need to set it up right beside you to feel cool.
- At high speed, this can reach 1380 rpm. That’s still enough to push the air for 60 feet, which is still a fair distance. For smaller rooms, this can really work. It can suit an office or a child’s bedroom.
- At high speed, the circulation can reach 250 CFM. At the lowest setting, it’s still respectable 150 CFM.
- You also get the auto shutdown timer, which you can set for 1, 2. 4 or 8 hours.
Vornado 154 Whole Room Tower Air Circulator Review
Strangely enough, this smaller unit is actually $10 more expensive than the Vornado 173 model. What gives? As it turns out, that’s because it’s more powerful and has more features. Not bad for a unit that measures only 32 inches tall and 11 inches wide. It’s also a bit heavier than the 173 at 8.4 pounds.
Top Key Features
- Instead of 3-speed settings, you have 4 here. You also have the remote control, as well as the buttons you can push on the unit.
- At high speed, it can reach 1225 rpm. That’s enough to push the air a distance of 80 feet, which surpasses the power of the 173.
- It can also boost the air circulation up to 385 CFM, which is also better than the 173. At the lowest setting, you still get 180 CFM. You can also put it on Turbo mode, which gives you a surprising rating of 411 CFM. This is pretty powerful, and in a small office, it can blow papers all over the place.
- The timer for the automatic shutdown is still available, with settings from 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours.
Current Complete Models of vornado tower fan
This are the complete models of vornado tower fan there is according to their official website: Vornado Tower Fan reviews
- OSCR37 37″ Tower Circulator
- Duo Compact Tower Circulator
- NGT335 33″ Tower Circulator
- NGT425 42″ Tower Circulator
- NGT42DC Energy Smart 42″ Tower Circulator
- NGT33DC Energy Smart 33″ Tower Circulator
- 143 29″ Tower Circulator
- 173 37″ Tower Circulator
- 154 32″ Tower Circulator
- 184 41″ Tower Circulator